Walcome tae the Mercat Cross! This is the airt tae tauk aboot the technical wirkins o the Wikipedia.
- sco: Please help translate to your language.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
Please block Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 and Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124Eedit
PS : Also, John Cena seems rather strange (probably hacked) to me, but I'm in no position to really evaluate it.
- I've warned them, since the edits seem to have stopped and blocks are only to prevent damage. If they continue, I'll block them. Avicennasis (tauk) 11:54, 29 Februar 2020 (UTC)
- thanks Avicennasis,
- I undid dozens of those edits - similar pattern : famous people, date of death the day of the edit or about it, or change date of birth to be very recent...
- as for John Cena, could you please check the article ? - I don't understand scottish, but the long text of song, under the presentation seems bizarre... :( - I only found the problem with death dates because I update wikidata with https://tools.wmflabs.org/pltools/recentdeaths/ :) — Precedin unsigned comment addit bi Hsarrazin (talk) 15:27, 3 Mairch 2020 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #1 – Discussion toolsEedit
19:25, 8 Apryle 2020 (UTC)
Please (semi)-protect Template:MainPage/styles.cssEedit
(apologies for English) I've rewritten the Main Page to use TemplateStyles, which will make it work better on small screens and easier to edit in the future. However the new page uses Template:MainPage/styles.css which is not yet protected. Much of the rest of the Main Page is only semi-protected, so that should be enough here too. (I would have posted at Wikipedia:Requests for page protection, but that page doesn't appear to be used). The wub (tauk) 17:16, 6 Mey 2020 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #2Eedit
20:33, 17 Juin 2020 (UTC)
Annual contest Wikipedia Pages Wanting PhotosEedit
This is to invite you to join the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) campaign to help improve Wikipedia articles with photos and win prizes. The campaign starts today 1st July 2020 and closes 31st August 2020.
The campaign primarily aims at using images from Wikimedia Commons on Wikipedia articles that are lacking images. Participants will choose among Wikipedia pages without photo images, then add a suitable file from among the many thousands of photos in the Wikimedia Commons, especially those uploaded from thematic contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc.) over the years.
Please visit the campaign page to learn more about the WPWP Campaign.
With kind regards,
Deborah Schwartz Jacobs, Communities Liaison, On behalf of the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Organizing Team - 08:24, 1 Julie 2020 (UTC)
feel free to translate this message to your local language when this helps your community