Hip hop muisic
The "Scots" that wis uised in this airticle wis written bi a body that haesna a guid grip on the leid.
Please mak this airticle mair better gin ye can.
Hip hop muisic, cried hip-hop, rap muisic, or hip-hop muisic an aw, is a muisic genre consistin o a stylized rhythmic muisic that commonly accompanies rappin, a rhythmic an rhymin speech that is chantit.
|Stylistic oreegins||Funk, disco, dub, rhythm an blues, reggae, dancehall, toastin, performance poetry, spoken wird, signifyin', The Dozens, scat sangin, talkin blues|
|Cultural oreegins||1970s, the Bronx, New York Ceety|
|Teepical instruments||Turntable, synthesizer, DAW, rappin, drum machine, sampler, drums, guitar, bass, piano, beatboxin, vocals|
|Derivative forms||Electro, breakbeat, auldschuil jungle, drum an bass, trip hop, grime, breakbeat hairdcore, neo soul, big beat|
|2023 in hip hop muisic|
- ↑ Merriam-Webster Dictionary entry on hip-hop, retrieved from merriam-webster.com: A subculture especially of inner-city youths who are typically devotees of rap music; the stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rap; also rap together with this music.
- ↑ a b c d Encyclopædia Britannica article on rap, retrieved from britannica.com: Rap, musical style in which rhythmic and/or rhyming speech is chanted (“rapped”) to musical accompaniment. This backing music, which can include digital sampling (music and sounds extracted from other recordings), is also called hip-hop, the name used to refer to a broader cultural movement that includes rap, deejaying (turntable manipulation), graffiti painting, and break dancing.
- ↑ AllMusic article for rap, retrieved from AllMusic.com
- ↑ Harvard Dictionary of Music article for rap, retrieved from CredoReference
- ↑ Encyclopædia Britannica article on hip-hop, retrieved from britannica.com: Hip-hop, cultural movement that attained widespread popularity in the 1980s and ’90s; also, the backing music for rap, the musical style incorporating rhythmic and/or rhyming speech that became the movement’s most lasting and influential art form.