|City of Burlington, Vermont|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Mayor||Miro Weinberger (Democrat)|
|• Ceety||40.1 km2 (15.5 sq mi)|
|• Land||26.7 km2 (10.3 sq mi)|
|• Water||13.4 km2 (5.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||61 m (200 ft)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||U.S.: 870t|
|• Density||1,581.3/km2 (4,121.5/sq mi)|
|• Urban||108,740 (U.S.: 285th)|
|• Urban density||679.8/km2 (1,760.8/sq mi)|
|• Metro||214,796 (U.S.: 203rd)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
05401–05402, 05405–05406, 05408
|GNIS featur ID||1456663|
- Robert J. Resnik (2013). Legendary Locals of Burlington, Vermont. Arcadia Publishing. p. 10.
Burlington was known as the 'Queen City' of Vermont at least as far back as 1848, when the telegraph first arrived in Burlington and the people of Troy, New York, addressed their congratulations to 'people of the Queen City.' The title really took hold, though, in June 1865, when the City of Burlington's first mayor, Albert L. Catlin...stated in one of his early speeches, 'We represent a young city, which may in time be known and distinguished as the Queen City of New England.'
- Facts about Burlington, Vermont: The 'Queen City' and Its Institutions; Its Drives, Rambles, Views, Places of Interest, and Its Resources. C.H. Possons. 1888.
- Armisted, Louis (30 April 2008). "Burlington's New Slogan". Da Capo Publishing. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Which city is 'The West Coast of New England?'". AP. 13 September 2007. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Burlington". Geographic Names Information System. Unitit States Geological Survey.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- City of Burlington: Sister Cities
- City of Burlington: Moss Point Relief Timeline. In the fall of 2005, the city decided to help out Moss Point which was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, and held a concert called Hurricane Benefete to raise money.